Wednesday, June 16, 2010

E3 2010 - Miscellaneous

The Cool:
  • Power Gig: Rise of the Sixstring looks like a good idea because it finally uses something close to a real guitar. Only time will tell if this actually will serve as a competent guitar tutor. Also, the drum peripheral looks interesting as it appears to allow a more natural range of movement than the existing plastic drum sets.
  • As a huuuuge fan of the series, I can't wait to play Metal Gear Solid: Rising. The trailer looks absolutely amazing. It appears to be a very different take on the series.
  • The premise behind Homefront looks pretty cool: America is being attacked by a foreign invading force. If the mechanics are done well enough, this could be a good game. Look for it in early 2011.

The Underwhelming:
  • Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions obviously has the potential to be awesome, but so many Spider-Man games have been either mediocre or just plain terrible. Personally, I've been burned by more than a few, and I won't believe this game is good until I play it myself.
  • After seeing the hands-on, I'm not blown away by Hunted: the Demon Forge. The game just seems generic. Bethesda has until the first quarter in 2011 to convince me otherwise.
  • Should I be excited for The Witcher 2? It certainly looks good, but I never heard anything good about the first game.

No comments:

Post a Comment