Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Game Versus Life: The Requiem

As the name of this blog suggests, the responsibilities of life and the enjoyment of gaming don't always make time for one another.  It is this very dilemma that prevents this blog from being the thriving and active community that I envisioned it being when I wrote my first post over 3 years ago.

In this titular battle of priority, it's key that life win, and it has.


I can't make this blog awesome.  I'm sorry.  I'd really love to make it awesome, but I just can't.  I don't have the time to post as often as I'd like.  The design of the blog itself grows dated, and I don't have the skills necessary to update it.  I've only got an audience of a dozen people (even that might be a generous estimation).

There are two options.

  1. I pass the torch on to some young, carefree innovators who have the time necessary to take my original idea and do something much better with it than I ever could.  And if they'll let me, I'll make an appearance from time to time as the benevolent grandfather who tries to have something relevant to say.
  2. I'll let the blog lie fallow, choosing to revisit this empty landscape upon occasion to remember what it could have been.
In either case, I've really enjoyed finding out what I was capable of as a gamer, blogger, and traveler of this landscape of dreams.  Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment