Monday, May 25, 2009

Call of Duty 4: Shooter/RPG!!!

The recent excitement surrounding Infinity Ward's upcoming Modern War 2 has re-birthed some excitement in online multiplayer. I've been playing a bunch of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare in the recent days.

If you read this blog often (as apparently no one does) you know that I'm not really a fan of shooters. However, Call of Duty's multiplayer has leveling up and class customization: the trappings of a Role Playing Game. I don't know how they did it, but Infinity Ward managed to make these RPG work in such a hardcore shooter. It got me spending hours upon hours upon hours on a game that I'm really horrible at.

No seriously... I'm really bad. My kill-to-death ratio is less than 1:1. But it's such a good game that I keep playing a year and a half after it's release. I want to be good. I really do!

That being said, I'm interested in seeing what Infinity Ward does with Modern Warfare 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment